8/8/2017 – Now that school is back in session, a safety tunnel is giving Cheyenne students safe passage through the construction zone. In the links to the right, you will see a new “Updated Site Map” showing the work completed and work still in progress on campus.
8/9/2017 – A tentative construction timeline is now in place for Hohokam (see below). The new school is set to open in summer of 2019. Architects and SUSD leaders are looking forward to working with Hohokam’s new rebuild committee as plans take shape over the next year.
May, 2018 – Shovels in, fences up! Ground level work begins
Summer, 2018 – Vertical construction begins
Summer, 2019 – New buildings open to students and staff
8/11/2017 – The Governing Board has voted to approve two different options for the front facade for Hopi, one with brick and one without, pending input from the Hopi Rebuild Committee. The following morning, the committee selected brick as their preferred exterior material.
Updated Construction Timeline
October – Shovels in, fences up! Ground level work begins
November – Vertical construction begins
Summer, 2018 – New buildings open to students and staff
8/11/2017 – The Pima Rebuild Committee held its first meeting to discuss early site plans for their new school. You can find a list of committee members, including teachers and parents, by expanding the section to the right.
Coronado High School Track & Field
Chaparral High School Track & Field
Links & Documents
ATTENTION: Regular Board Meeting Documents are currently being migrated to the new website
June 20, 2017
• Spotlights - Hopi pre-construction approval, Cheyenne full construction approval, Pima contractor approval
• Video - Hopi pre-construction approval, Cheyenne full construction approval, Pima contractor approval
June 6, 2017
• Minutes - Cheyenne pre-construction approval
• Spotlights - Cheyenne pre-construction approval
• Video - Cheyenne pre-construction approval
May 4, 2017
• Audio - Contractor approved for Hohokam & Cheyenne
April 25, 2017
• Minutes -
• Spotlights - RFQ Hopi Rebuild & Chaparral, Coronado, Saguaro Track Improvements
• Video - RFQ Hopi Rebuild & Chaparral, Coronado, Saguaro Track Improvements
March 21, 2017
• Minutes - Pima Rebuild Approval
• Spotlights - Pima Rebuild Approval
• Video - Pima Rebuild Approval
December 13, 2016
• Minutes - Hopi & Hohokam Rebuild Approval
• Spotlights - Hopi & Hohokam Rebuild Approval
• Video - Hopi & Hohokam Rebuild Approval
• PDF Download (updated 4/20/17)
Bond Project Input Form
Your input is important to this process. Please use this form to share your comments, questions and concerns. While we are not able to respond to every submission individually, we will read all of them to identify the most common or pressing themes, which may be addressed in a public forum or in our FAQ sections. Thank you.
Click on your Learning Community to see the Bond & Override Improvement Projects underway at your school.
In addition to those improvements, override dollars will also help pay for new furniture, playground improvements, instructional materials and more. School needs are currently being assessed to determine when and where those additional dollars will be spent.